Ebony Horse Club is recruiting for a new fundraiser
Are you passionate about children and young people boldly jumping into their futures?
Ebony Horse Club is a charity using horses to raise the education, life skills and well being of local young people living in some of the most disadvantaged communities in south London.
We offer much more than riding lessons, mentoring children who experience significant challenges at school and at home - challenges that can profoundly affect their ability to achieve later in life.
Through the support and experiences members have at Ebony Horse Club, all are encouraged to exceed their own expectations, and many are inspired to go on to college, university or horse-related careers.
Ebony Horse Club is celebrating its 21st anniversary as a grass-roots organisation which has taught over 1,000 local children and young people to ride at our community centre in Brixton.
With a successful track record of generating significant income from the Lottery and charitable trusts, Ebony Horse Club is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to help secure our future for the next 21 years.
Specifically, we are looking for an Engagement and Funding Manager to raise income from Major Donors, Charitable Trusts, and Corporates so that the charity can continue its mission of raising the education, aspirations and well-being of our Brixton riders.
Working as part of a dedicated team directly reporting to the Trustees you will:
- Influence and lead on strategic direction in all fundraising activities
- Strengthen current funding relationships
- Work strategically to secure new income from a variety of sources
- Collaborate closely with colleagues and volunteers to identify projects and to match with funding opportunities
- Support Trustees in their communications with key prospects and supporters, including our President
- Lead on all PR activity
- Have the opportunity to learn directly from our children and young people about what makes Ebony Horse Club special to them by being out of doors and with our horses.
- You will be a self-driven, effective communicator with a focus on generating significant income and with the ability to prioritise
- You will have experience in raising income from either High Net Worth Individuals, Corporates or Charitable Trusts
- You will have a keen eye for a powerful story which can be shared via all communication channels, including e-newsletters and social media
- This is an ideal opportunity for a sole-fundraiser looking for the next step in their career or for someone who enjoys getting stuck-in to a variety of fundraising disciplines
- Ideally this position is a full-time contract, but we can be flexible for the right candidate
- Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
- A flexible contract to suit a fundraiser looking for a work/life balance
- 25 days holiday
- Horse riding, if a rider
- Attendance at prestigious events and venues
For further information on how to apply and for a job description, please contact email@example.com
No recruitment agencies please.